The Eyot Centre is a community centre situated on the banks of the River Thames just 300m from the historic Henley Bridge. As well as hiring out it’s extensive modern facilities to the public, it is also the home of The Henley Canoe Club and The Henley Dragon Boat Club. More recently it has become directly licensed centre for the Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
The Eyot Centre is a registered charity* which seeks to provide access to social and river based leisure activities primarily to the young people of Henley and surrounding areas.
Based in a picturesque location on the banks of the River Thames, the Centre aims to serve a wide community of differing abilities and social competences, by providing:
- Leadership and facilities for the local community to engage in regular paddle sport activities.
- Adventure weeks/weekends combining camping, hiking and paddle sports for local schools, colleges, youth groups and Duke of Edinburgh’s Award participants.
- Coaching and training to individuals wishing to gain recognised qualifications in paddle sports activities.
- Fun and sporting challenges to disadvantaged groups to aid their self-development and team-building skills.
- Representation of the local youth community at the Henley Town Youth Council.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Boats – we own a wide range of paddle craft sufficient for groups of 12 to 40 people comprising:
- 10 man and 20 man dragon boats
- 12 man Bell boats
- Canadian canoes and Kayaks (sporting and general purpose use)
Limited Boat Storage: for club and members craft
Landing Stages: 3 x 5m landing stages
Changing Facilities: 3 x separate changing and showering facilities
Equipment: Paddles, personal flotation devices, safety helmets
Meeting Rooms and Indoor Space
Meeting/Function Room: A large 8.5m x 14.5 m (123 m2) multi-use function room accommodating 100 people seated at 10-person round tables; 150 seated in rows; or 300 standing.
Fitness/Meeting Room: features exercise equipment which complements paddle-based sports activities and allows meetings accommodating 30 seated in rows or at a meeting table.
Servery: Serving kitchen with oven, microwave, and refrigerator, sufficient to serve and hold hot food – for large functions requiring hot food, a mobile kitchen would be required.
Disabled Access: Parking, access and toilet facilities for users with disabilities
Parking: Floodlit on-site hard standing for 35 cars additional parking is available on the lawn during suitable weather
Grounds: Lawns from the clubhouse veranda to the banks of the River Thame
The Eyot Centre facilities are available for hire please get in touch using the contact form below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
If you would like more information about hiring the Eyot Centre please complete the form below.
For information about Henley Canoe Club click here
For information about Henley Dragons click here
For Duke of Endinburgh information click here