The Eyot Centre is a community centre situated on the banks of the River Thames just 300m from the historic Henley Bridge. As well as hiring out it’s extensive modern facilities to the public, it is also the home of The Henley Canoe Club and The Henley Dragon Boat Club. More recently it has become directly licensed centre for the Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
The Eyot Centre is a registered charity* which seeks to provide access to social and river based leisure activities primarily to the young people of Henley and surrounding areas.
Based in a picturesque location on the banks of the River Thames, the Centre aims to serve a wide community of differing abilities and social competences, by providing:
- Leadership and facilities for the local community to engage in regular paddle sport activities.
- Adventure weeks/weekends combining camping, hiking and paddle sports for local schools, colleges, youth groups and Duke of Edinburgh’s Award participants.
- Coaching and training to individuals wishing to gain recognised qualifications in paddle sports activities.
- Fun and sporting challenges to disadvantaged groups to aid their self-development and team-building skills.
- Representation of the local youth community at the Henley Town Youth Council.